Admission requirements and assessment of previously acquired knowledge/competences
Art. 1 Entry Requirements
To attend profitably the Laurea Magistrale in Biotecnologie Mediche degree course it is necessary to have acquired adequate knowledge at university level in:
- Normal human morphology: molecular cytology, tissue structure, organs and apparatuses from macroscopical level to ultrastructural level;
- Human physiology: cell functions, organs, and apparatuses;
- Biochemistry and molecular biology: structural, cellular, and molecular biochemistry, enzymology, and clinical biochemistry;
- Human pathology: molecular basis and phenotypic characteristics of the pathological processes;
- Genetics: Mendelian, classic, human, and molecular.
To be admitted to the Laurea Magistrale in Biotecnologie Mediche degree course it is necessary to meet the following requirements:
1) To hold an Italian university degree in one of the following classes or a foreign degree considered equivalent:
ex D.M. 270/04:
Classe L-2 Biotecnologie;
Classe L-13 Scienze Biologiche;
Classe LM-41 Medicina e Chirurgia.
Ex D.M. 509/99:
Classe 1 – Biotecnologie;
Classe 12 – Scienze Biologiche;
Classe 46S – Medicina e Chirurgia.
Previous five-year university system:
Laurea in Scienze Biologiche;
Laurea in Biotecnologie.
2) To have earned at least 52 academic credits in one or more of the following scientific-disciplinary sectors:
BIO/09 – Fisiologia;
BIO/13 – Biologia Applicata;
BIO/14 – Farmacologia;
BIO/16 – Anatomia Umana;
BIO/17 – Embriologia;
MED/04 – Patologia Generale;
MED/05 – Patologia Clinica;
MED/07 – Microbiologia;
If no one of the above-listed requirements (number 1 or 2) are met, the admission to the Laurea Magistrale in Biotecnologie Mediche degree course is conditional on the preliminary evaluation of the knowledge and the competences required for the admission by an Admission Board, by means of interview.
The admission board appointed by the Council of the Laurea Magistrale schedules the interviews from September to December. The interviews schedule is published on the University web site. If the Admission Board considers the knowledge and the competences of the candidate to be sufficient, it will assign a suitability judgment that allows the candidate to be admitted to the assessment of the personal qualification.